INDOOR NETBALL PERTH
At Seamer Sports Centre, Netball is played exclusively indoors, in which the playing court is surrounded on each side and overhead by a net. The net prevents the ball from leaving the court, reducing the number of playing stoppages. With no out-of-bounds and a smaller court than the traditional outdoor game, Seamers Indoor Netball can be fast and frantic, while still being playable by all standard of players.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
- Game duration is 40 mins - 4*9min quarters
- Tuesday and Wednesday night game start times: 6:00pm, 6:40pm, 7:20pm, 8:00pm, 8:40pm, 9:20pm
- Friday night game start times: 6:30pm, 7:10pm, 7:50pm
- All players should be at the centre no later than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
- Please note: The game clock will start regardless of whether a team is present or not. A penalty of 1 goal for every 2min late will apply to the offending team.
|COMPETITION||DAY/NIGHT||NEXT SEASON START DATE|
|Ladies Netball||Monday Morning||11th February 2019|
|Ladies Netball||Wednesday Morning||1st March 2019|
|Ladies Netball (7 a side)||Tuesday night||5th March 2019|
|Mixed Netball (7 a side)||Tuesday night||5th March 2019|
|Mixed Netball (7 a side)||Wednesday Night||6th March 2019|
|Ladies Netball (7 a side)||Friday Morning||3rd May 2019|
|Mixed Kiwi Netball (6 a side)||Friday night||8th March 2019|
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the exact same colour. All teams must adhere to this by Round 3 of the regular competition. Failure to do this will result in a 2 goal penalty for each player out of uniform.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 3 points
- Draw = 2 point
- Loss = 1 points
- 1 bonus point for each skin (i.e. 1st quarter of Team A versus 1st quarter of Team B, etc)
- Win on forfeit = +7 points
- Loss on forfeit = -7 points and loss of bond
Team captains must ensure that the correct balance and positioning of male players is maintained throughout the game (maximum of 3 males on court, with maximum of 1 male player per zone).
There is no minimum number of male players required per team.
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
To qualify for finals a team must play all of its fixtured games.
Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals. It is each player's responsibility to ensure their name is recorded on the team card and marked off each game played. Any cheating on player registration may result in the team being disqualified.
Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- In each grade, the top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
AREA OF PLAY
A team shall consist of 7 players and their positions and areas of play are as follows:
Goal Shooter (G.S.) 1,2.
Wing Defence (W.D.) 3,4.
Goal Attack (G.A.) 1,2,3.
Goal Defence (G.D.) 3,4,5.
Wing Attack (W.A.) 2,3.
Goal Keeper (G.K.) 4,5.
Centre (C) 2,3,4.
24 weeks of competition: All teams play a 24 week regular season.
2 weeks of finals: Teams who qualify after the 24 week regular season participate in the semi and grand finals over 2 weeks, still playing on their regular playing night.
Please note: Each season commences 1 week after the previous one.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES - teams have 2 options for paying match fees:
- Pay per match: $77 per game for 7 a side ($66 for 6 a side), irrespective of the number of players you have and paid on a weekly basis.
- Pay per season: A one off, up-front payment which covers the team for the entire season (24 rounds, excludes finals). Teams who choose this option receive over a 10% discount on the total seasons fees and you will never need to worry about collecting fees from your team mates!
NOMINATION FEES - A nomination fee equal to one match fee ($77) is payable with any team nomination. This fee is fully refundable at the end of the season or if your team elects to return for the new season, your bond will automatically rollover for the new season. Those teams who leave the competition before the end of the season, forfeit a fixture with less than 24hrs notice or who are removed by management due to unacceptable behaviour, will lose their fee. Teams choosing the 'pay per season' option are not required to pay this fee but will lose $77 upon breaching any of the above mentioned rules.