JUNIOR SPORTS INDOOR CRICKET
Indoor Cricket is an immensely popular sport, having been played in Australia since it was invented in the late 70's. Now played by over 200,000 participants Australia wide, the beauty of Indoor Cricket is that each player bats and bowls the same number of overs as their team mates, ensuring all players remain involved in the game.
Here at Seamer Sports, we offer junior competitions for Yr 6 and below (Bronze), Yr 7 and 8 (Silver), Yr 9 and 10 (Gold) and Yr 11 and above (Colts). The new Colts league will be a unique 6-a-side "Parents and Kids" league, where each team will be allowed to field up to 3 parents per game. We will also be offering the Woolworths Cricket Blast programs for beginner crickets aged 4-10 on Monday afternoons. The competitions run seasonally opposite to outdoor cricket throughout the winter months, which enables you to play cricket all year round.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
All games go for around 60min with slightly modified rules as appropriate for each age group. All players should be at the centre no later than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
All leagues (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Colts) will be played on FRIDAY afternoons and evenings. Bronze (Yr 6 and below) will occupy the 4pm or 5pm game time slots. Silver (Yr 7 and 8) will be played at 5pm and 6pm and Gold league (Yr 9 and 10) will be played at 6pm or 7pm. Colts (mixed Yr 11/parents) league will be played at 7pm or 8pm.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Monday afternoon Woolworths Cricket Blast
Seamers are pleased to offer one of the few Winter Cricket Blast programs north of the river. We will be offering both the 'Junior Blasters' program for first time players aged 4-7 and the "Master Blaster's" program for kids aged 7-10. The 1 hour sessions are run by qualified and experienced coaches on Monday afternoons from 4:30pm - 5:30pm. For more information, head to www.playcricket.com.au or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Blasters: CLICK HERE to register online.
Master Blasters: CLICK HERE to register online.
Friday Afternoon Leagues:
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com. We accept both individual and team (8 players/6 for Colts) registrations, including small groups of players wishing to be kept together. Please note that whilst we do our best to place individuals, we simply cannot make guarantees that all preferences will be accommodated.
Registration forms can be download from the links available at the top of this page.
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the exact same colour. All teams must adhere to this by Round 3 of the regular competition. Failure to do this will result in a 5 run penalty for each player out of uniform and will be deducted from their batting partnership.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 4 points
- Draw = 2 points
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 bonus point for each skin (i.e. 1st pair of Team A versus 1st pair of Team B, etc)
- Win on forfeit = +8 points
- Loss on forfeit = -8 points
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
- To qualify for finals a team must play all of it's fixtured games.
- Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
- Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- The top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
- All other teams will play normal games to the end of the season
SCHOOL HOLIDAY MASTERCLASS WITH BBL PLAYERS!
"This years BBL School Holiday Masterclass will be held on Friday 24th April and will include expert instructions from WORLD CUP CRICKET AND BBL LEGENDS. Please email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list for this day."
Cost: $18 per child - numbers strictly limited.
Email us at email@example.com to book your place in the master class.
If you wish to register for the term 2 season, simply click below and complete the registration form and send complete with your payment to Seamer Sports.
The 2020 season of Junior Cricket will be run over 2 terms - 1st May - 25th Sep 2020. The Woolworths blast programs (junior and master) start on Sat 4th May through to 29th June, with a term 3 program available for registration soon.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES - individuals have 2 options when registering to play. Both methods cover all umpires, equipment and prizes:
- Register as an individual: $210 (Wed/Fri team comps only)
- Register as a team: $1600 (Wed/Fri team comps only)
- Register for Woolworths Cricket Blast - $115 - register here
Please note: If a team forfeits at anytime during the season, you will still be charged your full game fee.
REFUND POLICY: Teams wishing to withdrawal from the competition must notify management prior to the commencement of Week 3's fixtures. Refunds will be made on a pro rata basis and at management's discretion. Individual refunds are not applicable to team payments.