JUNIOR SPORTS INDOOR CRICKET
Indoor Cricket is an immensely popular sport, having been played in Australia since it was invented in the late 70's. Now played by over 200,000 participants Australia wide, the beauty of Indoor Cricket is that each player bats and bowls the same number of overs as their team mates, ensuring all players remain involved in the game. Here at Seamer Sports, we offer junior competitions for 11 and under, 13 and under, 15 and under and 17 and under (colts). All players must be in their age group for the duration of the season (i.e. 10yr old and 11yr old's will play in the U/11's competition). For the first time at Seamers, we will also be offering the Woolworths Cricket Blast programs for beginner crickets aged 4-10 on Saturday mornings. The competitions run seasonally opposite to outdoor cricket throughout the winter months, which enables you to play cricket all year round.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
11's, 13's 15's and 17's are played on Friday afternoons at from 4pm through to 8pm. The 11 and under division will predominantly play at 4pm or 5pm each week, 13's at 5pm or 6pm, 15's at 6pm or 7pm and 17's at 7pm, possibly 8pm. All games go for just under an hour with slightly modified rules as appropriate for each age group.
All players should be at the centre no later than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Friday Afternoon Leagues:
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com. We accept both individual and team (8 players) registrations, including small groups of players wishing to be kept together. Please note that whilst we do our best to place individuals, we simply cannot make guarantees that all preferences will be accommodated.
Registration forms can be download from the links available at the top of this page.
Saturday Morning Woolworths Cricket Blast - NEW!!!
Seamers are pleased to offer the only Winter Cricket Blast program north of the river. We will be offering both the 'Junior Blasters' program for first time players aged 4-7 and the "Master Blaster's" program for kids aged 7-10. The 1 hour sessions are run by qualified instructors (with parent help) on Saturday mornings. For more information, head to www.playcricket.com.au or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Blasters - 9am - 10am. CLICK HERE to register online.
Master Blasters - 10am - 11am. CLICK HERE to register online.>
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the exact same colour. All teams must adhere to this by Round 3 of the regular competition. Failure to do this will result in a 5 run penalty for each player out of uniform and will be deducted from their batting partnership.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 4 points
- Draw = 2 points
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 bonus point for each skin (i.e. 1st pair of Team A versus 1st pair of Team B, etc)
- Win on forfeit = +8 points
- Loss on forfeit = -8 points
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
- To qualify for finals a team must play all of it's fixtured games.
- Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
- Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- The top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
- All other teams will play normal games to the end of the season
SCHOOL HOLIDAY MASTERCLASS WITH BBL PLAYERS!
"This years BBL School Holiday Masterclass will be held on Friday 26th April - please email Andrew at email@example.com to be added to the mailing list for this day."
7-9yr old's: 10-12pm, 10-11yr old's: 12-2pm, 12-13yr old's: 2-4pm, 14 and over: 4-6pm
Cost: $15 per child - numbers limited.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place in the master class.
If you wish to register for the term 2 season, simply click below and complete the enrolment form and send complete with your payment to Seamer Sports.
The 2018 season of Friday junior cricket will be run over 2 terms - 3rd May - 27th Sep 2019. The Woolworths blast programs (junior and master) start on Sat 4th May through to 29th June, with a term 3 program available.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES - individuals have 2 options when registering to play. Both methods cover all umpires, equipment and prizes:
- Register as an individual: $180 (Friday team comp only)
- Register as a team: $1440 (Friday team comp only)
- Register for Woolworths Cricket Blast - $110 - register here
Please note: If a team forfeits at anytime during the season, you will still be charged your full game fee.
REFUND POLICY: Teams wishing to withdrawal from the competition must notify management prior to the commencement of Week 3's fixtures. Refunds will be made on a pro rata basis and at management's discretion. Individual refunds are not applicable to team payments.